Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Fangju, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2017 v.86 pp. 577-585
- furfural; furfuryl alcohol; odors; palm kernel oil; palm kernels; principal component analysis; roasting; seeds; sensory evaluation; sugars; volatile compounds; xylanases
- ... With an interest to enhance the aroma of palm kernel oil (PKO), Pentopan mono BG (xylanase) was applied to alter the carbohydrates in palm kernels (PK) so as to modulate the formation of volatiles during kernel roasting. The result showed that a 1.3-fold increment of total soluble sugars was found in PK after Pentopan treatment, which promoted the generation of O-heterocyclic volatile compounds du ...
- Zhao, Fangju, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2017 v.119 no.8
- flavor; free amino acids; gas chromatography; headspace analysis; ionization; odors; palm kernel oil; palm kernels; principal component analysis; proteinases; pyrazines; roasting; seeds; sensory evaluation; solid phase microextraction; spectrometers; sugars; sweets
- ... The aroma of palm kernel oil (PKO) affects its application. Aiming to improve its aroma quality, the effects of protease/peptidase (Flavourzyme) pretreatment on the palm kernels (PK) before kernel roasting were investigated. The results showed that more pyrazines (6.7‐, 10‐, 3.4‐fold) were found in PKO derived from treated PK after light, medium, and dark kernel roasting, respectively, compared to ...