Jump to Main Content
- Buscaglia, Nicholas A.; Weinkle, Tristan K.; McDonough, Patrick L.; Kollias, George V.
- Journal of herpetological medicine and surgery 2019 v.29 no.1-2 pp. 40-48
- Salmonella enterica subsp. arizonae, etc ; Python bivittatus; bacterial culture; carrier state; cloaca; feces; medicine; sampling; serotypes; snakes; surgery; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Cloacal swabs and feces were collected for four consecutive months from 19 young, healthy Burmese pythons (Python bivittatus) that were culture-confirmed, asymptomatic carriers of Salmonella enterica ssp. arizonae (S. arizonae). Standard culture protocols were used on 152 samples in total (76 fecal samples and 76 cloacal swabs). Comparison of the two sampling methods for each month and over the co ...
- Lukac, Maja; Pedersen, Karl; Prukner-Radovcic, Estella
- Journal of zoo and wildlife medicine 2015 v.46 no.2 pp. 234-240
- Salmonella enterica subsp. arizonae, etc ; Salmonella enterica subsp. diarizonae; Salmonella enterica subsp. houtenae; Salmonella enterica subsp. salamae; cloaca; diagnostic techniques; excretion; feces; humans; lizards; pharynx; public health; salmonellosis; serotypes; snakes; turtles; zoos; Croatia; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Salmonellosis transmitted by pet reptiles is an increasing public health issue worldwide. The aim of this study was to investigate the prevalence of Salmonella strains from captive reptiles in Croatia. From November 2009 to November 2011 a total of 292 skin, pharyngeal, cloacal, and fecal samples from 200 apparently healthy reptiles were tested for Salmonella excretions by bacteriologic culture an ...