Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: ramos?
- Villanueva-Arce, Ramón, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Crop protection 2013 v.49 pp. 8-20
- adverse effects; anthracnose; control methods; controlled atmosphere storage; disease incidence; essential oils; exports; flavor; fruit quality; fungi; fungicides; heat; humans; irradiation; markets; minerals; nutritive value; organic salts; ozone; postharvest diseases; shelf life; supply chain
- ... Due to their flavor and nutritional characteristics, papaya fruit are consumed worldwide. As a tropical commodity, storage has serious limitations that result in their rapid deterioration and high incidence of rots during handling and storage. Postharvest handling of papaya differs according to destination. For export markets, there are well-defined postharvest steps established that include techn ...
- Villanueva-Arce, Ramon, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Transgenic research 2009 v.18 no.1 pp. 89-97
- Carica papaya; Northern blotting; aminocyclopropanecarboxylate oxidase; carbon dioxide; color; ethylene; ethylene production; firmness; fruits; mechanical damage; messenger RNA; papayas; parasitoses; polymerase chain reaction; ripening; shelf life; texture; transgenes
- ... Papaya (Carica papaya) is a very important crop in many tropical countries but it is highly susceptible to parasitic diseases, physiological disorders, mechanical damage and fruit overripening. Here we report a study on ACC oxidase cosuppression and its effects on papaya fruit ripening. Papaya ACC oxidase was isolated using PCR and embriogenic cells transformed by biolistic using the CaMV 35S prom ...