Jump to Main Content
- Forrester, Jodi A.; Leopold, Donald J.
- Plant ecology 2006 v.183 no.2 pp. 349-359
- Amelanchier canadensis, etc ; Ilex opaca; Odocoileus virginianus; Rhus; Sassafras albidum; botanical composition; canopy gaps; flora; forests; germination; greenhouses; overstory; plant communities; saplings; shade tolerance; shrubs; soil sampling; surveys; understory; woody plants; New York; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... time. The Sunken Forest overstory is dominated by Ilex opaca, Amelanchier canadensis ...
... two canopy conditions, but the dominant species differed with A. canadensis ...
... of A. canadensis. Current (2002) sapling density is lower than three decades ago ...
- Braid, Andrew C.R.; Manzer, Doug; Nielsen, Scott E.
- Forest ecology and management 2016 v.369 pp. 144-154
- Amelanchier alnifolia, etc ; Shepherdia; Ursus arctos; Vaccinium; environmental factors; food availability; foods; foraging; forests; fruiting; grasses; growing season; planting; seedlings; shrubs; soil nutrients; survival rate; ungulates; wildlife habitats; Canada; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... late-season grizzly bear foods (fruiting shrubs): Shepherdia canadensis (Canada ...
... Survival rates across an elevation gradient for S. canadensis and A. alnifolia were ...
... buffaloberry), Vaccinium membranaceum (mountain huckleberry), and Amelanchier alnifolia ...
- Barber, Quinn E.; Bater, Christopher W.; Braid, Andrew C.R.; Coops, Nicholas C.; Tompalski, Piotr; Nielsen, Scott E.
- Forest ecology and management 2016 v.377 pp. 46-54
- Amelanchier alnifolia, etc ; Shepherdia; Vaccinium; climate; forest management; forest stands; forests; habitats; interspecific variation; landscapes; managers; models; overstory; reproduction; shrubs; stand structure; understory; variance; vulnerable species; wildlife; Alberta; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... for Canada buffaloberry (Shepherdia canadensis), huckleberry (Vaccinium ...
... membranaceum), and saskatoon (Amelanchier alnifolia) shrubs in southwest Alberta, Canada. We ...