Jump to Main Content
- Xiao, Chaoxian, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2017 v.139 no.13 pp. 4762-4768
- carbon nanotubes; catalysts; fuel cells; hydroxyl radicals; methanol; methodology; nanoparticles; oxidation; porous media; prediction; silica; temperature; zinc
- ... Atomically ordered intermetallic nanoparticles (iNPs) have sparked considerable interest in fuel cell applications by virtue of their exceptional electronic and structural properties. However, the synthesis of small iNPs in a controllable manner remains a formidable challenge because of the high temperature generally required in the formation of intermetallic phases. Here we report a general metho ...
- Xiao, Chaoxian, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of catalysis 2017 v.356 pp. 307-314
- adsorption; alloys; catalysts; density functional theory; dissociation; geometry; hydrogen; hydrogenation; nanoparticles; porous media; silica
- ... Bridging the structure-properties relationship of bimetallic catalysts is essential for the rational design of heterogeneous catalysts. Different from random alloys, intermetallic compounds (IMCs) present atomically-ordered structures, which is advantageous for catalytic mechanism studies. We used Pt-based intermetallic nanoparticles (iNPs), individually encapsulated in mesoporous silica shells, a ...