Jump to Main Content
- Corson, M.S., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Agricultural systems 2007 v.93 no.1-3 pp. 252-268
- simulation models; temperate zones; pastures; Panicum virgatum; plant physiology; nutritive value; model validation; Pennsylvania
- ... The pasture submodel of the Integrated Farm System Model (IFSM) was modified to simulate the biomass production and nutritive dynamics of a warm-season (C₄) grass monoculture. Predictions of yield and nutritive value were calibrated and evaluated with 5 years of field data from grazed switchgrass (Panicum virgatum) pastures in Pennsylvania, USA. Uncertainty analysis of biomass at the beginning of ...
- Corson, M.S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Agricultural systems 2007 v.94 no.2 pp. 502-508
- farm management; integrated agricultural systems; pastures; simulation models; Dactylis glomerata; Trifolium repens; Cichorium intybus; Pennsylvania
- ... Whole-farm simulation provides a tool for predicting the effects of farm management strategies on farm productivity and profitability. One such model, the Integrated Farm System Model (IFSM), was modified to allow representation of up to four forage species coexisting in a pasture mixture. The model was calibrated to simulate net herbage accumulation (NHA) observed during six periods of a 2002 exp ...