Jump to Main Content
- Van Tendeloo, Leen, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2015 v.49 no.4 pp. 2358-2365
- aqueous solutions; cation exchange; cations; cement; cesium; concrete; environmental impact; hazardous waste; pH; potassium; potassium hydroxide; sodium; sorption; temperature; waste disposal
- ... To avoid impact on the environment, facilities for permanent disposal of hazardous waste adopt multibarrier design schemes. As the primary barrier very often consists of cement-based materials, two distinct aspects are essential for the selection of suitable complementary barriers: (1) selective sorption of the contaminants in the repository and (2) long-term chemical stability in hyperalkaline co ...
- Van Tendeloo, Leen, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Langmuir 2013 v.29 no.16 pp. 4998-5012
- adsorption; aluminum; calcium; carbon dioxide; cations; chemical industry; lithium; magnesium; methane; nitrogen; silicon; sodium; strontium; zeolites
- ... Selective separation of CO₂ is becoming one of the key technologies in the (petro-) chemical industry. This study focuses on the adsorption and separation of CO₂ from CH₄ on a new low-silica (LS) type of the eight-membered ring KFI zeolite. A series of alkali (Li, Na, K) and alkaline-earth (Mg, Ca, Sr) exchanged samples of the new LS KFI were synthesized and characterized. LS Li-KFI showed the lar ...