Jump to Main Content
- Wade, Anna M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Geomorphology 2020 v.354 pp. 107018
- A horizons; C horizons; Entisols; accelerated erosion; alluvial soils; alluvium; carbon radioisotopes; carbon sinks; cesium radioisotopes; floodplains; forests; land restoration; landscapes; nutrient retention; organic carbon; piedmont; radiocarbon dating; sedimentation rate; soil carbon; soil formation; soil profiles; soil water; spatial distribution; subsoil; terraces; texture; topographic slope; watersheds; wood
- ... Accelerated erosion from European agriculture overwhelmed transport capacities of relatively low-gradient Piedmont watersheds and triggered widespread and massive sediment deposition on floodplains, referred to as legacy sediments. While erosion-driven soil loss on the Southern Piedmont landscape has been widely studied, the resultant legacy sediments deposited on hillslopes, floodplains, and in c ...
- Wade, Anna M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Geoderma 2019 v.341 pp. 236-248
- aboveground biomass; carbon; carbon cycle; carbon footprint; carbon sinks; ecosystems; land use change; landscapes; monitoring; nonlinear models; prediction; soil carbon; soil nutrient dynamics; soil types; tropical forests; tropics; Gabon
- ... Despite the importance of tropical forest carbon to the global carbon cycle, research on carbon stocks is incomplete in major areas of the tropical world. Nowhere in the tropics is this more the case than in Africa, and especially Central Africa, where carbon stocks are known to be high but a scarcity of data limits understanding of carbon stocks and drivers. In this study, we present the first na ...