Jump to Main Content
- Shepherd, Keith D., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Geoderma 2006 v.132 no.3-4 pp. 273
- soil; spectral analysis; near-infrared reflectance spectroscopy; calibration; geographical variation; clay minerals; soil organic carbon; iron; cation exchange capacity; soil fertility; soil properties; regression analysis
- ... There has been growing interest in the use of diffuse infrared reflectance as a quick, inexpensive tool for soil characterization. In studies reported to date, calibration and validation samples have been collected at either a local or regional scale. For this study, we selected 3768 samples from all 50 U.S. states and two tropical territories and an additional 416 samples from 36 different countr ...
- Shepherd, Keith D., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Soil Science Society of America journal 2010 v.74 no.5 pp. 1792-1799
- soil fertility; prediction; infrared spectroscopy; accuracy; calibration; methodology; data analysis; spectral analysis; soil chemical properties; soil texture; databases; validity; soil pH; soil organic carbon; cation exchange capacity; exchangeable magnesium; clay fraction; sand fraction; exchangeable calcium
- ... Globally applicable calibrations to predict standard soil properties based on infrared spectra may increase the use of this reliable technique. The objective of this study was to evaluate the ability of mid-infrared diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (4000–602 cm−1) to predict chemical and textural properties for a globally distributed soil spectral library. We scanned 971 soil samples selected from ...