Jump to Main Content
- Shepherd, Keith D., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biosystems engineering 2016 v.152 pp. 148-164
- air drying; basins; clay; exchangeable sodium; least squares; models; near-infrared spectroscopy; pH; prediction; reflectance spectroscopy; soil aggregation; soil organic carbon; soil properties; soil quality; soil types; spectrometers; Kenya; Lake Victoria
- ... Soil aggregation is critical for assessing soil health; however, conventional aggregation measurement is laborious and expensive. The performance of near infrared diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (NIR) and basic soil properties for estimation of wet aggregation indices was investigated. Two samples sets representing different soils from across Lake Victoria Basin in Kenya were used for the study. ...
- Shepherd, Keith D., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Soil Science Society of America journal 2011 v.75 no.6 pp. 2358-2360
- Alfisols; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; heat; least squares; prediction; provenance; reflectance; soil organic carbon
- ... Partial least squares regression (PLSR) analysis was used for the generic prediction of soil organic C (C(org)) content in Alfisols using diffuse reflectance Fourier-transform mid-infrared spectroscopy (DRIFT-MIRS). For prediction improvement, we tested the potential of C(org) removal by heating and spectral subtraction of mineralogic signals in DRIFT-MIRS spectra. Eighty-seven Alfisol samples (C( ...