Jump to Main Content
- Christie, Peter, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2020 v.259 pp. 113834
- application rate; biosolids; clay fraction; crops; field experimentation; human food chain; land application; leaching; risk; silver; soil profiles; soil texture; tillage
- ... Land application of biosolids is a major route for the introduction of silver (Ag) into the terrestrial environment. Previous studies have focused on the risks from Ag to the human food chain but there is still a lack of quantitative information on the flow of biosolid-borne Ag in the soil-crop system. Two long-term field experiments were selected to provide contrasting soil properties and tillage ...
- Christie, Peter, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant and soil 2016 v.404 no.1-2 pp. 277-291
- soil organic carbon; developmental stages; carbon sequestration; dissolved organic carbon; stable isotopes; roots; wetland soils; rhizodeposition; plant growth; river deltas; Phragmites australis; soil salinity; soil texture; flooded conditions; plant tissues; clay fraction; salinity; microbial biomass; growing season; saline soils; Yellow River
- ... AIMS: Terrestrial carbon (C) sequestration is derived mainly from plant photosysthetically-fixed C deposition but soil organic C (SOC) content in saline soils is generally low due to low deposition of C from restricted plant growth. It is important to explore the effects of soil salinity on the allocation of photosynthetically-fixed C to better understand C sequestration in saline wetland soils. M ...