Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: faten?
- Flaten, Donald N, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Field crops research 2018 v.229 pp. 17-26
- Gossypium hirsutum; animal manures; arid zones; cotton; crop yield; denitrification; emissions factor; field experimentation; greenhouse gas emissions; irrigated farming; irrigation management; manure spreading; microirrigation; microorganisms; mineral fertilizers; nitrification; nitrogen; nitrous oxide; nitrous oxide production; risk; sandy soils; soil organic carbon; soil water; urea; China
- ... Nitrogen application as synthetic fertilizer and/or animal manure and method of irrigation are critical management practices affecting crop production and nitrous oxide (N2O) emission in irrigated agriculture systems. A field experiment was conducted in 2015 and 2016 to compare the effects of conventional urea (Urea), animal manure (Manure) and a 50/50 mix of urea and manure (U + M) on N2O emissio ...
- Flaten, Donald N., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Animal feed science and technology 2012 v.177 no.3-4 pp. 225-236
- cattle; emissions; feces; field experimentation; forage grasses; grasslands; grazing; nitrogen content; nitrous oxide; pig manure; production technology; slurries; soil water; split application; spring; swine; urine
- ... Effects of hog slurry application to fertilized grassland on emissions of nitrous oxide (N₂O) from feces and urine excreted by cattle grazing was determined. Feces from cattle grazing forage grass fertilized with two rates of plant available N from a hog slurry, (i) hog slurry as Split application in fall and spring, each 72kg N/ha (Split), and (ii) hog slurry each spring at 148kg N/ha (Single), a ...
- Flaten, Donald N., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant and soil 2011 v.338 no.1-2 pp. 423-434
- Triticum turgidum subsp. durum; absorption; bioaccumulation; biomass; cadmium; crops; durum wheat; fertilizer rates; germination; growth chambers; phosphates; phosphorus fertilizers; samplers; soil solution; soil water; zinc
- ... A growth chamber study was conducted to evaluate the effect of application of phosphate fertilizer on soil solution dynamics of cadmium (Cd) and Cd accumulation in durum wheat (Triticum turgidum L. var. durum). Treatments consisted of three phosphate fertilizer sources containing 3.4, 75.2, and 232 mg Cd kg⁻¹ applied at three rates (20, 40 and 80 mg P kg⁻¹) plus a no fertilization control. An unpl ...