Jump to Main Content
- Muthu, Manikandan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- RSC advances 2016 v.6 no.15 pp. 12143-12157
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Streptococcus mutans; antibacterial properties; bioactive compounds; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; mushrooms; palmitic acid; pathogens; solvents; sonication; stearic acid
- ... Solvent-based extractions have always held the upper hand when it comes to mushrooms. Assimilating the fact that mushrooms are a part of culinary components cooked in water and not in solvents; solvent-based extraction becomes a priority. Effective water based extraction stretches 24 h, leaving space for prospective improvising through analytical interference. We have demonstrated the effective do ...
- Muthu, Manikandan, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Food chemistry 2016 v.211 pp. 903-909
- anti-infective properties; curcumin; ethanol; microorganisms; mouth; powders; solvents; turmeric; volunteers; water solubility
- ... Water soluble nanocurcumin prepared from commercial turmeric powders was compared against ethanol extracted curcumin particles. The oral microflora from five different human volunteers was collected and the efficacy of solvent extracted curcumin versus water extracted nanocurcumin was demonstrated. Nanocurcumin activity against oral microflora confirms its antimicrobial potency. Confocal laser sca ...