Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: janet?
- Kermavnar, Janez, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied vegetation science 2019 v.22 no.1 pp. 48-60
- Fagus; biodiversity conservation; canopy gaps; felling; ferns and fern allies; forbs; forest management; forests; graminoids; indicator species; legumes; mountains; perennials; species diversity; surveys; understory; vascular plants; woody plants; Slovenia
- ... BACKGROUND AND QUESTIONS: How forest vegetation responds to disturbance continues to be a focal point, especially in the context of biodiversity conservation. To investigate the short‐term effects of forest management on understory vegetation, we asked: (a) Are there any plant indicator species associated with different felling intensities? (b) What are the differences in abundance of plant functi ...
- Kermavnar, Janez, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Urban ecosystems 2017 v.20 no.6 pp. 1373-1387
- canopy; collectors; coniferous forests; conifers; ecosystem services; ecosystems; floodplains; forest stands; hardwood forests; highlands; mixed forests; planning; rain; rain intensity; species diversity; stand structure; stemflow; stormwater; throughfall; trees; urban areas; urban forests; urbanization; water interception; watersheds; Slovenia
- ... Urban forests provide important ecosystem services. In terms of hydrological benefits, forest ecosystems in urban environments represent qualitative and quantitative filter for rainwater. We quantified the canopy interception in relation to urban forest stand structure and rainfall intensity in an urban transect of the mixed (upland) forest in the city centre, towards a riparian pine forest and a ...