Jump to Main Content
- Hiroko Ikushiro; Hideyuki Hayashi
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2011 v.1814 no.11 pp. 1474-1480
- serine C-palmitoyltransferase, etc ; biosynthesis; pyridoxal phosphate; sphingolipids; spectroscopy; enzymology; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Serine palmitoyltransferase, which is one of the α-oxamine synthase family enzymes, catalyzes the condensation reaction of L-serine and palmitoyl-CoA to form 3-ketodihydrosphingosine, the first and rate-determining step of the sphingolipid biosynthesis. As with other α-oxamine synthase family enzymes, the catalytic reaction is composed of multiple elementary steps, and the mechanism to control the ...
- Jonathan Lowther; Guillaume Charmier; Marine C. Raman; Hiroko Ikushiro; Hideyuki Hayashi; Dominic J. Campopiano
- FEBS letters 2011 v.585 no.12 pp. 1729-1734
- serine C-palmitoyltransferase, etc ; sequence alignment; arginine; sphingolipids; Sphingomonas wittichii; biochemical pathways; sieving; pyridoxal; site-directed mutagenesis; catalytic activity; spectroscopy; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... All sphingolipid-producing organisms require the pyridoxal 5′-phosphate (PLP)-dependent serine palmitoyltransferase (SPT) to catalyse the first reaction on the de novo sphingolipid biosynthetic pathway. SPT is a member of the alpha oxoamine synthase (AOS) family that catalyses a Claisen-like condensation of palmitoyl-CoA and l-serine to form 3-ketodihydrosphingosine (KDS). Protein sequence alignme ...