Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Lei, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2013 v.435 pp. 514-519
- alkaline phosphatase; bone formation; bone morphogenetic proteins; calcification; gene expression; histopathology; messenger RNA; mineralization; models; osteocalcin; phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase; prostaglandins; rats; stem cells; tissues
- ... Tissue calcification is a typical histopathological feature of tendinopathy. The osteogenic differentiation of tendon stem cells (TSCs) induced by inflammatory mediators is believed to play a key role in this process. Previous studies showed that the major inflammatory mediator prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) induced osteogenic differentiation of TSCs via bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)-2 production. Usi ...
- Chen, Lei, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Chinese science bulletin 2013 v.58 no.24 pp. 3033-3042
- alkaline phosphatase; bone formation; ceramics; collagen; genetic markers; osteopontin; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rats; stem cells; tissue engineering; transcription factors; viability
- ... In this study, the effects of forsterite and clinoenstatite powder extracts on the proliferation and osteogenic differentiation of rat adipose-derived stem cells (ASCs) were investigated and compared with the β-tricalcium phosphate (β-TCP) powder extracts. Methylthiazolyldiphenyl-tetrazolium bromide (MTT) assay and live-dead staining were performed to evaluate the viability and proliferation of ra ...