Jump to Main Content
- Christie, Peter, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2017
- ascorbate peroxidase; necrosis; lipid peroxidation; reactive oxygen species; seedlings; signal transduction; polychlorinated biphenyls; alfalfa; roots; oxidative stress; protective effect; gene expression; phytoremediation; photosynthesis; peroxidase; leaves; brassinolide; superoxide dismutase; models; soil; biomass production; antioxidant activity; glutathione-disulfide reductase; catalase; phytotoxicity; symbiosis; Ensifer meliloti
- ... The role of symbiotic rhizobia in the alleviation of polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB)-induced phytotoxicity in alfalfa and the brassinosteroid (BR) hormone signaling involved were investigated during phytoremediation. The association between alfalfa and Sinorhizobium meliloti was adopted as a remediation model. Phytotoxicity due to PCB 77 (3,3′,4,4′-tetrachlorobiphenyl) exerted adverse impacts on pl ...
- CHRISTIE, P., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Pedosphere 2014 v.24 no.1 pp. 107-115
- Vigna radiata; antioxidant activity; ascorbate peroxidase; biomass; catechol oxidase; dibutyl phthalate; free amino acids; germination; glutathione; malondialdehyde; mung beans; peroxidase; phytotoxicity; pollutants; proline; root growth; roots; seedlings; shoots; soil; sugars; superoxide dismutase
- ... Single phytotoxicity of two representative phthalate esters (PAEs), di-n-butyl phthalate (DnBP) and bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP), was tested in mung bean (Vigna radiata) seedlings germinated for 72 h in soils spiked with varying concentrations (0-500 mg kg−1 soil) of DnBP or DEHP. PAEs added at up to 500 mg kg−1 soil exerted no significant effect on germination but both pollutants significan ...
- Christie, Peter, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2013 v.20 no.8 pp. 5289-5298
- Brassica rapa subsp. chinensis; acetylcholinesterase; agricultural soils; ascorbate peroxidase; biomass; catechol oxidase; free amino acids; humans; malondialdehyde; monitoring; phthalates; phytotoxicity; plastics; pollutants; polluted soils; proline; risk; roots; seed germination; seedling growth; seedlings; seeds; shoots; sugars; superoxide dismutase; China
- ... Phthalic acid esters (PAEs) pollution in agricultural soils caused by widely employed plastic products is becoming more and more widespread in China. PAEs polluted soil can lead to phytotoxicity in higher plants and potential health risks to human being. We evaluated the individual toxicity of di-n-butyl phthalate (DnBP) and bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP), two representative PAEs, to sown rape ...