Jump to Main Content
- Salvadó, V., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2020 v.715 pp. 136938
- EDTA (chelating agent); aquatic organisms; biofilm; cellulose; ecosystems; ionic liquids; mining; nitric acid; plasticizers; polymers; river water; streams; surface water; zinc
- ... The presence of Zn in surface waters from abandoned mining zones is a critical issue since excess Zn concentrations may affect aquatic life and whole ecosystems. We present, for the first time, a simple tool based on a polymer inclusion membrane (PIM) intended to monitor Zn in river water by mimicking metal accumulation in the biofilm. The PIM-based probe contains a polymeric membrane prepared usi ...
- Salvadó, V., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Archives of environmental contamination and toxicology 2006 v.51 no.3 pp. 377-386
- birds; brackish water; fish; freshwater; heavy metals; intensive farming; nutrients; organochlorine compounds; parks; permethrin; seasonal variation; sediments; surface water; tourism; wetlands; wildlife management
- ... Wetland areas are of extraordinary importance for the conservation of wildlife. The Aiguamolls de l'Empordà Natural Park, located in Girona (northeast Spain), is one of the few areas in Europe acting as a way station for migratory birds. The natural park is made up of a brackish water reserve and a fresh water reserve. Agriculture and tourism, which are concentrated especially around coastal popul ...