Jump to Main Content
- Knutson, Barbara L., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2014 v.428 pp. 101-110
- adsorption; cetyltrimethylammonium bromide; electrostatic interactions; glucose; molecular imprinting; nanoparticles; silica; surfactants; turbidity; xylose
- ... The use of surfactant headgroups for interfacial imprinting is established as a simple and tunable approach to create molecularly imprinted silica nanoparticles based on a modification of the Stöber method. Adsorption of d-glucose and d-xylose (initial concentrations ranging from 0.139 to 1.67mol/l) is measured on silica nanoparticles created by the addition of a glucose-based surfactant (n-octyl- ...
- Knutson, Barbara L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Journal of physical chemistry 2012 v.116 no.38 pp. 11646-11655
- carbon dioxide; cetylpyridinium chloride; cetyltrimethylammonium bromide; energy transfer; fluorescence; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; micelles; naphthalene; physical chemistry; porous media; silica; solutes; surfactants
- ... The local environment and dynamics of compressed carbon dioxide (CO₂) penetration in surfactant templated silica film synthesis is interpreted from the in situ fluorescence emission spectra of pyrene (Py) and a modified pyrene probe. Pyrene emission in cetyltrimethylammonium bromide (CTAB) and cetylpyridinium bromide (CPB) templated silica films is monitored immediately after casting and during pr ...