Jump to Main Content
- Kristl, Julijana, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2018 v.181 pp. 93-102
- alginates; anions; calorimetry; cations; crosslinking; electrophoresis; entropy; infrared spectroscopy; ionic strength; light scattering; nanoparticles; surfactants; titration
- ... Complexation of linear alginate polyanions with different classes of crosslinkers (divalent cations, polycations, positively charged surfactants) was investigated, to unravel their effects on nanoparticle formation. The goal was to define the crosslinker-to-alginate molar ratios at which nanoparticles are formed, and to reveal the underlying thermodynamics and molecular interactions using dynamic ...
- Kristl, Julijana, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2019 v.91 no.6 pp. 3997-4003
- bioavailability; gastrointestinal system; indomethacin; ionic strength; pH; permeability; solubility; surfactants
- ... Solubility is a physicochemical property highly dependent on the solid-state form of a compound. Thus, alteration of a compound’s solid-state form can be undertaken to enhance the solubility of poorly soluble drug compounds. In the Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS), drugs are classified on the basis of their aqueous solubility and permeability. However, aqueous solubility does not alway ...