Jump to Main Content
- Taff, Steven, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of forestry 2008 v.106 no.7 pp. 357
- forest ownership; landowners; economic incentives; families; forest management; surveys; Minnesota
- ... This study assessed family forest owner interest in formally committing to the types of land use and management practices that characterize good stewardship if compensated for doing so, using Minnesota's Sustainable Forest Incentives Act (SFIA) as a proxy measure of forest stewardship. The SFIA provides an annual payment in return for obtaining and using a forest management plan and adhering to Mi ...
- Taff, Steven J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Forest policy and economics 2008 v.10 no.7-8 pp. 507
- private forestry; family-owned businesses; forests; sustainable forestry; participation; contingent valuation; prediction; landowners; surveys; forest ownership; statistical analysis; equations; economic incentives; Minnesota
- ... We estimated the probability of enrollment and factors influencing participation in a forest stewardship-type program, Minnesota's Sustainable Forest Incentives Act, using data from a mail survey of over 1000 randomly-selected Minnesota family forest owners. Of the 15 variables tested, only five were significant predictors of a landowner's interest in enrolling in the program: compensation amount, ...