Jump to Main Content
- Allred, Barry J.
- Journal of environmental & engineering geophysics 2013 v.18 no.1 pp. 55
- ground-penetrating radar, etc ; case studies; drain pipes; farms; pipe drainage; soil water; subsurface drainage; surveys; Midwestern United States; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Locating buried drainage pipes is a difficult task confronting farmers and land improvement contractors, especially in the Midwest U.S., where the removal of excess soil water using subsurface drainage systems is a common farm practice. Enhancing the efficiency of soil water removal on land containing a functioning subsurface drainage system typically involves installing new drain lines between th ...
- Allred, Barry J.; Redman, J. David
- Journal of environmental and engineering geophysics 2010 v.15 no.3 pp. 119
- ground-penetrating radar, etc ; antennae; clay; computers; drain pipes; drainage water; pipe drainage; simulation models; soil; soil quality; surveys; tiles; water flow; water table; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Methods are needed to not only locate buried agricultural drainage pipe, but to also determine if the pipes are functioning properly with respect to water delivery. The primary focus of this research project was to confirm the ability of ground penetrating radar (GPR) to locate buried drainage pipe, and then determine if GPR provides insight into drain line water conveyance functionality. Ground p ...