Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: davis?
- Davies, Linda, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2013 v.182 pp. 437-447
- Quercus; air; air pollution; air quality; branches; climate; ecosystems; indicator species; lichens; linear models; plant growth; pollutants; surveys; tree trunk; trees; volunteers; United Kingdom
- ... Air pollution has many negative effects on the natural environment, from changes in plant growth patterns to loss of ecosystem function. This study uses citizen science to investigate national-scale patterns in the distribution and abundance of selected lichen species on tree trunks and branches, and to relate these to air pollution and climate. Volunteers collected data for nine lichen indicators ...
- Davies, Linda, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Urban ecosystems 2015 v.18 no.4 pp. 1477-1497
- Adalia bipunctata; Aglais urticae; Bombus; Limax maximus; Palomena; correspondence analysis; data collection; ecosystems; invertebrates; microhabitats; surveys; urban areas; urbanization; England
- ... Citizen science projects can gather datasets with observation counts and spatiotemporal coverage far in excess of what can easily be achieved using only professional scientists. However, there exists a potential trade-off between the number of participants and the quality of data gathered. The Bugs Count citizen science project had thousands of participants because of its few barriers to taking pa ...