Jump to Main Content
- Suri, Mayhah R., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental research 2019 v.170 pp. 500-509
- dust control; education; environmental enrichment; farm size; farmers' attitudes; food availability; forage crops; growers; industry; irrigated farming; irrigation; landscapes; needs assessment; power generation; public health; public opinion; recycled water; risk perception; surveys; uncertainty; wastewater treatment; water resources; water reuse; water stress; Southwestern United States
- ... The use of nontraditional water sources, including reclaimed or recycled water, has become a desirable option to meet increasing demands in water stressed regions. In the Southwest United States, utilization of alternative water sources is becoming increasingly common, including use for landscape irrigation, environmental enhancement, cooling and power generation, potable reuse, and as a source wa ...
- Suri, Mayhah R., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environmental research 2019 v.172 pp. 345-357
- agricultural runoff; education; farmers; food safety; groundwater; irrigation water; regression analysis; risk; surface water; surveys; water quality; United States
- ... Water is a key resource for agricultural production in the United States. Due to projected changes in water availability across the country, long-term sustainability of agricultural production may rely on finding alternatives to traditional water sources. The aim of this study was to assess farmers' opinions on the use of nontraditional water sources (e.g., agricultural runoff, treated wastewater, ...