Jump to Main Content
- Porphyre, Thibaud; Boden, Lisa A; Correia-Gomes, Carla; Auty, Harriet K; Gunn, George J; Woolhouse, Mark EJ
- BMC veterinary research 2014 v.10 no.1 pp. 946
- commercial farms, etc ; biosecurity; databases; disease detection; electronic identification; industry; infectious diseases; monitoring; production technology; risk; slaughterhouses; swine; swine diseases; swine production; traceability; Scotland; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The impact of non-commercial producers on disease spread via livestock movement is related to their level of interaction with other commercial actors within the industry. Although understanding these relationships is crucial in order to identify likely routes of disease incursion and transmission prior to disease detection, there has been little research in this area due to the difficu ...
- PubMed Central:
- Adenuga, Aderosoye; Mateus, Ana; Ty, Chhay; Borin, Khieu; Holl, Davun; San, Sorn; Duggan, Victoria; Clark, Madeleine; Smith, Gavin J.D.; Coker, Richard; Vaughn, Andrew; Rudge, James W.
- Parasite epidemiology and control 2018 v.3 no.1 pp. 1-12
- commercial farms, etc ; Taenia solium; antigens; cross-sectional studies; cysticercosis; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; humans; pork; production technology; public health; questionnaires; risk; seroprevalence; slaughter; slaughterhouses; surface water; swine; swine production; tapeworms; wastes; Cambodia; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Taeniasis/cysticercosis, caused by the pork tapeworm Taenia solium, represents an important public health and economic burden in endemic countries. However, there is a paucity of data on infection among pigs in many parts of Southeast Asia, particularly Cambodia. We aimed to estimate seroprevalence of porcine cysticercosis, and investigate husbandary practices and knowledge of the disease among li ...
- PubMed Central: