Jump to Main Content
- Das, Taposh K., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Environmental microbiology 2015 v.17 no.3 pp. 855-865
- Bacillus anthracis; bacteria; cell division; cell growth; electron microscopy; germination; granules; mutants; operon; pathogens; polyhydroxybutyrate; protein degradation; secretion; spores; sporulation; temperature
- ... The clpC operon is known to regulate several processes such as genetic competence, protein degradation and stress survival in bacteria. Here, we describe the role of clpC operon in Bacillus anthracis. We generated knockout strains of the clpC operon genes to investigate the impact of CtsR, McsA, McsB and ClpC deletion on essential processes of B. anthracis. We observed that growth, cell division, ...
- PubMed Central:
- Das, Taposh K., et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Archives of microbiology 2008 v.189 no.1 pp. 71-79
- Bacillus anthracis; environmental factors; germination; heat; hydrochloric acid; hydrogen peroxide; nutrient availability; pH; sodium hydroxide; spores; sporulation; temperature
- ... Bacillus anthracis makes highly stable, heat-resistant spores which remain viable for decades. Effect of various stress conditions on sporulation in B. anthracis was studied in nutrient-deprived and sporulation medium adjusted to various pH and temperatures. The results revealed that sporulation efficiency was dependent on conditions prevailing during sporulation. Sporulation occurred earlier in c ...