Jump to Main Content
- Hiraiwa, Tokiko; Toyoizumi, Tatsuya; Ishiguri, Futoshi; Iizuka, Kazuya; Yokota, Shinso; Yoshizawa, Nobuo
- Trochodendron aralioides, etc ; acid insoluble lignin; cell walls; glucose; growth promotion; hemicellulose; seedlings; stems; tension wood; tracheids; xylose; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... To assess the characteristics of tension wood (TW) in Trochodendron aralioides Sieb. et Zucc., seedling stems were artificially inclined at angles of 30° (TW- 30), 50° (TW-50), and 70° (TW-70) from the vertical. At all angles, the growth promotion was pronounced on the upper side of the inclined stems, where excessive tensile growth stress was observed. A gelatinous layer (G-layer) formed in the t ...
- Kuo-Huang, Ling-Long; Chen, Shin-Shin; Huang, Yan-San; Chen, Shiang-Jiuun; Hsieh, Yi-In
- Trochodendron aralioides, etc ; bending stress; branches; tension wood; tracheids; trees; wood; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... Leaning trunks and branches of Trochodendron aralioides Sieb. & Zucc., a primitive vessel-less dicotyledon, show increased radial growth and gelatinous fibers on the upper side similar to the features found in dicotyledons with vessels. The patterns of peripheral longitudinal growth strain are variable among trees but similar at different heights within the same leaning trunk. Growth strains on th ...