Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Xingqun; Wang, Xinmiao; Upadhyay, Rituja; Chen, Jianshe
- Food hydrocolloids 2019 v.95 pp. 116-121
- sensation, etc ; arithmetics; computer software; gypsum; humans; hydrocolloids; lubrication; microstructure; mountains; roughness; rubber; silicone; surface roughness; swine; texture; tongue; topography; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Human tongue plays a critical role in food oral processing and in particular to food manipulation and texture sensation. We speculate that different topographic characteristics among human individuals could be a fundamental cause for different food oral behavior and sensory perception. We hypothesize that tongue surface roughness will influence oral lubrication and therefore texture sensation. As ...
- Doyennette, Marion; Aguayo-Mendoza, Monica G.; Williamson, Ann-Marie; Martins, Sara I.F.S.; Stieger, Markus
- Food quality and preference 2019 v.78 pp. 103721
- sensation, etc ; eating habits; firmness; hardness; ice cream; mastication; melting; odors; sweetness; texture; tongue; video recording; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Little is known about the oral processing behaviour of ice creams for which the quantification of oral manipulations remains challenging. The impact of oral processing behaviour on dynamic sensory perception of ice creams has not been reported previously, although ice creams are anecdotally known to be consumed following different oral processing strategies. The aims of the study were (1) to compa ...