Jump to Main Content
- Pons-Branchu, Edwige, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Engineering geology 2020 v.265 pp. 105441
- Pleistocene epoch; accelerometers; basins; corals; earthquakes; geometry; geophysics; mathematical models; radionuclides; subduction; surveys; thorium; uranium; Greece
- ... This work is a multidisciplinary approach from geological and geophysical surveys to build a 3D geological model of Argostoli Basin (Cephalonia Island, Greece) aiming to be used for computational 3D simulation of seismic motion. Cephalonia Island is located at the north-western end of the Aegean subduction frontal thrust that is linked to the dextral Cephalonia Transform Fault (west of Cephalonia) ...
- Pons-Branchu, Edwige, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Progress in oceanography 2019 v.175 pp. 300-308
- canyons; corals; fossils; thorium; uranium; water; Adriatic Sea; Mediterranean region
- ... The deep southern Adriatic Sea is home of widespread cold-water coral colonization (Madrepora oculata, Lophelia pertusa, Desmophyllum dianthus) which is at present limited by large to its western (Apulian) margin and central part, including the Bari Canyon system. On the contrary, the eastern side is today almost deprived of significant coral growth and this asymmetrical distribution has been ascr ...