Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Jian Li, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Annals of botany 2011 v.107 no.3 pp. 371-378
- Fagopyrum tataricum; acid soils; aluminum; buckwheat; crop production; cultivars; exudation; organic acids and salts; pectinesterase; pectins; resistance mechanisms; root growth; roots; secretion; toxicity
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Aluminium (Al) toxicity is one of the factors limiting crop production on acid soils. However, genotypic differences exist among plant species or cultivars in response to Al toxicity. This study aims to investigate genotypic differences among eight cultivars of tatary buckwheat (Fagopyrum tataricum) for Al resistance and explore the possible mechanisms of Al resistance. METHOD ...
- PubMed Central:
- Yang, Jian-Li, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of integrative plant biology 2009 v.51 no.6 pp. 574-580
- Senna tora; aluminum; buckwheat; cell walls; citrates; culture media; exudation; genotype; malates; oxalates; root growth; secretion; toxicity; wheat
- ... Aluminum-induced secretion of organic acids from the root apex has been demonstrated to be one major Al resistance mechanism in plants. However, whether the organic acid concentration is high enough to detoxify Al in the growth medium is frequently questioned. The genotypes of Al-resistant wheat, Cassia tora L. and buckwheat secrete malate, citrate and oxalate, respectively. In the present study w ...