Jump to Main Content
- Fallon, Ann M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 2018 v.37 no.11 pp. 2797-2809
- Culex pipiens; acetamiprid; adverse effects; clothianidin; copper; divalent metals; goethite; half life; hydrolysis; hydroxyl radicals; imidacloprid; kaolinite; larvae; metal ions; nickel; nitenpyram; pH; photolysis; prediction; thiamethoxam; titanium dioxide; toxicity; urea; zinc
- ... Neonicotinoid insecticides are the most widely used class of insecticides worldwide. Concern has grown over their widespread environmental presence and potential unintended adverse effects. The present study examined hydrolysis and photolysis reaction rates of neonicotinoids and assessed any residual toxicity of reaction products. Hydrolysis rates were tested between pH 4 and 10 and found to be ba ...
- Fallon, Ann M., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Applied entomology and zoology 2016 v.51 no.3 pp. 489-494
- Folsomia candida; agar; biomass; charcoal; imidacloprid; median effective concentration; quantitative analysis; rearing; soil; soil arthropods; staining; toxicity; toxicity testing
- ... Folsomia candida Willem (Collembola: Isotomidae) is a common soil arthropod used in standardized toxicological testing. We describe a simple method for rearing Collembola on agar plates and evaluating toxicity in the absence of charcoal, which has potential detoxifying effects. We developed a quantitative method for determining biomass by reversible protein staining of hexane-treated Collembola wi ...