Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Jian-li, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of Zhejiang University 2019 v.20 no.6 pp. 513-527
- acid soils; aluminum; anions; citrates; genes; growth and development; malates; minerals; oxalates; pH; plant development; plant growth; roots; secretion; signal transduction; soil solution; solubilization; toxicity; transporters
- ... Aluminum (Al) is the most abundant metal element in the earth’s crust. On acid soils, at pH 5.5 or lower, part of insoluble Al-containing minerals become solubilized into soil solution, with resultant highly toxic effects on plant growth and development. Nevertheless, some plants have developed Al-tolerance mechanisms that enable them to counteract this Al toxicity. One such well-documented mechan ...
- PubMed Central:
- Yang, Jian Li, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of integrative plant biology 2019 v.61 no.2 pp. 140-154
- Arabidopsis; Vigna umbellata; abscisic acid; acid soils; aluminum; cell walls; citrates; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; metal tolerance; molecular biology; mutants; osmoregulation; osmotic stress; root growth; signal transduction; toxicity; transcription factors; transcriptomics
- ... Under conditions of aluminum (Al) toxicity, which severely inhibits root growth in acidic soils, plants rapidly alter their gene expression to optimize physiological fitness for survival. Abscisic acid (ABA) has been suggested as a mediator between Al stress and gene expression, but the underlying mechanisms remain largely unknown. Here, we investigated ABA‐mediated Al‐stress responses, using inte ...
- Yang, Jian Li, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of proteomics 2014 v.98 pp. 189-205
- Oryza sativa; acid soils; aluminum; biochemical pathways; bioinformatics; cell growth; cell structures; cultivars; energy; gene expression regulation; genes; gluconeogenesis; glycolysis; ions; messenger RNA; metal tolerance; physiological transport; protein metabolism; proteins; proteome; proteomics; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rice; roots; signal transduction; stress tolerance; toxicity
- ... One of the major limitations to crop growth on acid soils is the prevalence of soluble aluminum ions (Al3+). Rice (Oryza sativa L.) has been reported to be highly Al tolerant; however, large-scale proteomic data of rice in response to Al3+ are still very scanty. Here, we used an iTRAQ-based quantitative proteomics approach for comparative analysis of the expression profiles of proteins in rice roo ...