Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Jian Li, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Planta 2018 v.248 no.4 pp. 893-907
- Solanum lycopersicum; cadmium; crops; enzyme activity; nitrate reductase; nitrates; nitric oxide; pollutants; polluted soils; promoter regions; roots; tomatoes; toxicity; transcription factors
- ... MAIN CONCLUSION: An SPL-type transcription factor, LeSPL-CNR, is negatively involved in NO production by modulating SlNR expression and nitrate reductase activity, which contributes to Cd tolerance. Cadmium (Cd) is a highly toxic pollutant. Identifying factors affecting Cd accumulation in plants is a prerequisite for minimizing dietary uptake of Cd from crops grown with contaminated soil. Here, we ...
- YANG, JIAN LI, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Plant, cell and environment 2011 v.34 no.7 pp. 1055-1064
- Solanum; cadmium; cultivars; heavy metals; metal tolerance; organic acids and salts; root growth; roots; secretion; tomatoes; toxicity
- ... The mechanisms of heavy metal resistance in plants can be classified into internal tolerance and exclusion mechanisms, but exclusion of heavy metals with the help of organic acids secretion has not been well documented. Here we demonstrated the contribution of oxalate secretion to cadmium (Cd) exclusion and resistance in tomato. Different Cd resistance between two tomato cultivars was evaluated by ...