Jump to Main Content
- Zhai, Jianxiu, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2016 v.194 pp. 635-641
- Astilboides tabularis; active ingredients; antioxidant activity; blood glucose; body weight; colorimetry; diabetes; flavonoids; food intake; functional foods; glycemic effect; high performance liquid chromatography; leaf extracts; lipid composition; mice; oral administration; polyphenols; superoxide dismutase; therapeutics; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; traditional medicine; China
- ... Astilboides tabularis has a long history of usage as the functional food with the effect of adjunctive therapy of diabetic in northeast of China. The present study was undertaken to assess anti-diabetic activity of the aqueous extract of leaves of A. tabularis and provided experimental evidence for the clinical usage of A. tabularis in the treatment of diabetes mellitus.The aqueous extracts of lea ...
- Zhai, Jianxiu, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2017
- Schisandra chinensis; alternative medicine; aspartate transaminase; bioactive compounds; brain; chromium; cyclophosphamide; histology; kidneys; lignans; liver; metabolites; oxidative stress; pharmacokinetics; protective effect; rats; toxicity; traditional medicine; urinary tract diseases; China
- ... Schisandra chinensis (Turcz.) Baill (S. chinensis) has been used for thousands years in China, and is usually applied in treatment of urinary tract disorders and liver injury. S. chinensis extract (SCE) has board protective effects on liver, kidney and nervous system. Schisandra lignans are generally considered as the bioactive components of SCE.To investigate the pharmacokinetic herb-drug interac ...