Jump to Main Content
- Biswal, Ajaya K.; Atmodjo, Melani A.; Pattathil, Sivakumar; Amos, Robert A.; Yang, Xiaohan; Winkeler, Kim; Collins, Cassandra; Mohanty, Sushree S.; Ryno, David; Tan, Li; Gelineo-Albersheim, Ivana; Hunt, Kimberly; Sykes, Robert W.; Turner, Geoffrey B.; Ziebell, Angela; Davis, Mark F.; Decker, Stephen R.; Hahn, Michael G.; Mohnen, Debra
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2018 v.11 no.1 pp. 9
- stemwood, etc ; Populus deltoides; aboveground biomass; biofuels; biomass production; cell walls; chemotypes; galacturonic acid; gene overexpression; genes; genetically modified organisms; glucose; greenhouses; hardwood; leaves; lignin; lignocellulose; phenotype; plant growth; plant height; saccharification; trees; water content; xylan; xylem; xylose; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The development of fast-growing hardwood trees as a source of lignocellulosic biomass for biofuel and biomaterial production requires a thorough understanding of the plant cell wall structure and function that underlie the inherent recalcitrance properties of woody biomass. Downregulation of GAUT12.1 in Populus deltoides was recently reported to result in improved biomass saccharificat ...
- PubMed Central:
- Unger, Malte; Homeier, Jürgen; Leuschner, Christoph
- Oecologia 2012 v.170 no.1 pp. 263-274
- stemwood, etc ; stem elongation; mineralization; canopy; primary productivity; stems; tropical soils; nitrogen; tropical forests; aboveground biomass; exchangeable potassium; forest stands; topsoil; specific gravity; soil fertility; trees; soil pH; phosphorus; stand basal area; Andes region; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The dependence of aboveground biomass and productivity of tropical forests on soil fertility is not fully understood, since previous studies yielded contrasting results. Here, we quantify aboveground biomass (AGB) and stem wood production, and examine the impact of soil chemistry on these parameters in mature tropical forest stands of the equatorial Andes in Ecuador. In 80 plots of 0.04 ha at four ...
- PubMed Central: