Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Xijun; Conner, William H.; Song, Bo; Jayakaran, Anand D.
- Forest ecology and management 2017 v.389 pp. 211-219
- stemwood, etc ; primary productivity; trees; strawberries; sea level; water salinity; tree and stand measurements; stand basal area; lowland forests; freshwater; Morella cerifera; saltwater intrusion; swamps; forest communities; understory; shrubs; plant litter; Taxodium distichum; overstory; forest health; South Carolina; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Tidal freshwater forested wetlands (TFFW) of the southeastern United States are experiencing increased saltwater intrusion mainly due to sea-level rise. Inter-annual and intra-annual variability in forest productivity along a salinity gradient was studied on established sites. Aboveground net primary productivity (ANPP) of trees was monitored from 2013 to 2015 on three sites within a baldcypress ( ...
- Chorus Open Access:
- Unger, Malte; Homeier, Jürgen; Leuschner, Christoph
- Oecologia 2012 v.170 no.1 pp. 263-274
- stemwood, etc ; stem elongation; mineralization; canopy; primary productivity; stems; tropical soils; nitrogen; tropical forests; aboveground biomass; exchangeable potassium; forest stands; topsoil; specific gravity; soil fertility; trees; soil pH; phosphorus; stand basal area; Andes region; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The dependence of aboveground biomass and productivity of tropical forests on soil fertility is not fully understood, since previous studies yielded contrasting results. Here, we quantify aboveground biomass (AGB) and stem wood production, and examine the impact of soil chemistry on these parameters in mature tropical forest stands of the equatorial Andes in Ecuador. In 80 plots of 0.04 ha at four ...
- PubMed Central: