Jump to Main Content
- Crosby, Michael K., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Forestry chronicle 2015 v.91 no.4 pp. 376-383
- climate change; climatic factors; dieback; drought; ecoregions; ecosystems; forest health; forest types; hardwood; models; monitoring; regression analysis; trees
- ... In the southeastern United States, drought can pose a significant threat to forests by reducing the amount of available water, thereby stressing trees. Destructive changes in crown conditions provide the first visible indication of a problem in a forested area, making it a useful indicator for problems within an ecosystem. Forest Health and Monitoring (FHM) and Palmer's Drought Severity Index (PDS ...
- Crosby, Michael K., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2012 v.42 no.4 pp. 766-771
- Quercus alba; data collection; equations; mathematical models; trees
- ... A second-order constant-coefficient nonhomogeneous difference equation is presented as a template for deriving a model form to predict above breast height tree stem profiles. Comparative analysis of the precision and bias of the model with several commonly used polynomial models on a white oak (Quercus alba L.) tree profile data set indicates that the difference approach produces profile equations ...