Jump to Main Content
- Chai, Jianwei, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2017 v.5 no.34 pp. 17954-17962
- capacitance; catalytic activity; electrochemistry; energy; energy density; hydrogen production; nanomaterials; nickel; synergism; vanadium
- ... Hierarchical materials are a favourite for energy storage/harvesting technologies, such as supercapacitors and electrically-driven hydrogen production. In this work, we report a robust and highly active nanomaterial for pseudocapacitors and hydrogen production by growing vanadium pentoxide on the surface of nickel sulfide (denoted as V₂O₅@Ni₃S₂). V₂O₅@Ni₃S₂ shows a capacitance of up to 854 F g⁻¹ a ...
- Chai, Jianwei, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2017 v.9 no.7 pp. 5959-5967
- catalytic activity; foams; hydrogen production; nanowires; nickel; platinum; sulfides; temperature; vanadium
- ... Ni₃S₂ nanowire arrays doped with vanadium(V) are directly grown on nickel foam by a facile one-step hydrothermal method. It is found that the doping can promote the formation of Ni₃S₂ nanowires at a low temperature. The doped nanowires show excellent electrocatalytic performance toward hydrogen evolution reaction (HER), and outperform pure Ni₃S₂ and other Ni₃S₂-based compounds. The stability test ...