Jump to Main Content
- Beyer, Florian, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of remote sensing 2019 v.40 no.24 pp. 9103-9125
- algorithms; cloud cover; cost effectiveness; data collection; ecosystems; habitats; models; monitoring; peatlands; plant communities; plant height; remote sensing; trees; unmanned aerial vehicles; vegetation; Germany
- ... The restoration of drained peatlands to re-establish biodiverse peat-forming plant communities and typical habitats is a long-term process. To document this process, monitoring concepts must be found that are as operational, cost-effective and non-invasive as possible for the new sensitive ecosystems. The monitoring of the developing plant communities using multisensory Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UA ...
- Beyer, Florian, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental earth sciences 2016 v.75 no.7 pp. 613
- Calamagrostis epigejos; acid mine drainage; acidity; algorithms; data collection; decision support systems; environmental impact; landscapes; lignite; linear models; mining; monitoring; pH; regression analysis; soil; spatial data; vegetation; weathering; Czech Republic
- ... A general problem that is associated with open-pit mining is the total displacement of the former landscape’s geocomponents. Overburden conveyor bridges have an irreversible impact on the environment. The consequence of this is a completely new system—the so-called “post-mining landscapes”. These are characterized by extreme geochemical milieus, especially acidity, which is caused by weathering pr ...