Jump to Main Content
- Cui, Guangyu, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2016 v.23 no.13 pp. 13569-13575
- Eisenia fetida; ammonia; bacteria; bananas; cabbage; carbon; earthworms; fruit peels; lettuce; microbial activity; nutrients; potatoes; probiotics; raw fruit; recycling; vermicomposting; vermicomposts; wastes; watermelons
- ... This study aimed to promote vermicomposting performance for recycling fresh fruit and vegetable wastes (FVWs) and to assess microbial population and community of final products. Five fresh FVWs including banana peels, cabbage, lettuce, potato, and watermelon peels were chosen as earthworms’ food. The fate test of earthworms showed that 30 g fresh FVWs/day was the optimal loading and the banana pee ...
- Cui, Guangyu, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.644 pp. 494-502
- Eisenia fetida; Flavobacteriales; activated sludge; antibiotic resistance genes; bacteria; earthworms; enzyme activity; quinolones; ribosomal DNA; vermicomposting; vermicomposts
- ... Antibiotic resistance genes abundant in municipal excess sludge reduce the agricultural value of vermicompost. However, little attention has been paid on the fate and behavior of the problem-causing agents in vermicomposting. In this study, the fate and behavior of quinolone resistance genes in excess activated sludge during vermicomposting were studied with reactors introduced with Eisenia fetida ...