Jump to Main Content
- Pintado, Maria M., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Food and bioproducts processing 2015 v.93 pp. 90-97
- Bifidobacterium animalis; Lactobacillus acidophilus; Lactobacillus paracasei; bile salts; food matrix; freezing; gastrointestinal system; microencapsulation; particle size; polymers; probiotics; storage time; viability
- ... Microencapsulation, utilizing different techniques and polymers, has been studied with the objective of maintaining probiotic viability in food matrices, protecting the cells from their detrimental environment, storage conditions and the passage of gastrointestinal tract (GIT). The main objective of this study was to assess the effect of freezing at −20°C upon probiotic alginate-calcium microparti ...
- Pintado, Maria M., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- International journal of food science & technology 2012 v.47 no.2 pp. 416-421
- Bifidobacterium animalis; Lactobacillus casei; heat tolerance; microencapsulation; pH; probiotics; sodium chloride; survival rate; viability
- ... The effect of microencapsulation on the viability of Lactobacillus casei, L. paracasei, L.Â acidophilus Ki and Bifidobacterium animalis BBâ12 during exposure to lethal conditions (25% NaCl, pH 3.0 and 55â60âÂ°C) was evaluated. Results demonstrated that survival of probiotic strains to the imposed lethal stress conditions was strain dependent. With the exception of exposure to 25% (w/v) NaCl, ...