Jump to Main Content
- Gusho, Elona; Zhang, Rong; Jha, Babal K.; Thornbrough, Joshua M.; Dong, Beihua; Gaughan, Christina; Elliott, Ruth; Weiss, Susan R.; Silverman, Robert H.
- mBio 2014 v.5 no.4 pp. e01312-14
- Murine hepatitis virus, etc ; RNA; adenosine monophosphate; antiviral properties; bone marrow; cAMP-dependent protein kinase; complementary DNA; cyclic AMP; cytoplasm; evolution; genes; hepatitis; host-pathogen relationships; humans; interferons; liver; macrophages; mice; mutants; pathogenesis; protein subunits; ribonucleases; viral proteins; virulence; virus replication; viruses; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Viral 2′,5′-phosphodiesterases (2′,5′-PDEs) help disparate RNA viruses evade the antiviral activity of interferon (IFN) by degrading 2′,5′-oligoadenylate (2-5A) activators of RNase L. A kinase anchoring proteins (AKAPs) bind the regulatory subunits of protein kinase A (PKA) to localize and organize cyclic AMP (cAMP) signaling during diverse physiological processes. Among more than 43 AKAP isoforms ...
- PubMed Central:
- Weiss, Susan R.; Leibowitz, Julian L.
- Advances in Virus Research 2011 v.81 pp. 85-164
- Murine hepatitis virus, etc ; RNA; Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus; animal models; central nervous system; chronic diseases; enzyme activity; human population; humans; liver; loci; morbidity; morphogenesis; mortality; pathogenesis; protein metabolism; sclerosis; structural proteins; viral nonstructural proteins; virion; viruses; China; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Coronaviruses infect many species of animals including humans, causing acute and chronic diseases. This review focuses primarily on the pathogenesis of murine coronavirus mouse hepatitis virus (MHV) and severe acute respiratory coronavirus (SARS-CoV). MHV is a collection of strains, which provide models systems for the study of viral tropism and pathogenesis in several organs systems, including th ...