Jump to Main Content
- Bersi, T.K., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Poultry science 2004 v.83 no.9 pp. 1530-1534
- broiler chickens; macrophages; vitamin E; vitamin supplements; feed additives; phagocytosis; thymus gland; bursa of Fabricius; animal age; cell adhesion; in vitro studies; opsonins; young animals; immunostimulants; spleen; tissue weight
- ... Vitamin E (VE) is known for its antioxidant properties and has been shown to modulate immune system functions in various species. This study examined the influence of different levels of dietary VE (a-tocopherol acetate) on phagocytic functions of macrophages (abdominal exudate cells) in broiler chickens at 3, 5, and 7 wk. Birds were fed commercial diets containing 16 (control), 110, or 220 mg of ...
- Bersi, T.K., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Poultry science 1997 v.76 no.11 pp. 1506-1512
- broiler chickens; weight; liver; body weight; ascites; feed conversion; ambient temperature; hypertension; dosage; alpha-tocopherol; feed intake; vitamin supplements; lungs; mortality
- ... The objectives of this experiment were to determine the effects of high dietary levels of vitamin E on growth performance and pulmonary hypertension syndrome (PHS) mortality. Male broiler chicks (Cobb 500) were randomly assigned to one of four dietary treatments consisting of standard starter and grower diets supplemented with 0, 17, 46, and 87 mg dl-alpha-tocopherol acetate/kg. To encourage the d ...