Jump to Main Content
- Madadian, E.; Akbarzadeh, A. H.; Orsat, V.; Lefsrud, M.
- Waste and biomass valorization 2019 v.10 no.3 pp. 721-732
- angle of repose; biofuels; bulk density; chemical analysis; composite wood products; feedstocks; gasification; image analysis; mechanical properties; modulus of elasticity; pellets; plastics; wastes; water content; wood fibers; wood residues
- ... The purpose of this study was to evaluate the physico-chemo-mechanical performance of composite wood residue pellets blended with plastic wastes as potential feedstocks for producing advanced biofuels through gasification technology. The composite pellets of wood fiber and plastics were compressed longitudinally and laterally using a universal testing machine to evaluate their mechanical propertie ...
- Doshi, Pooja; Srivastava, Gopal; Pathak, Gauri; Dikshit, Madhurima
- Waste management 2014 v.34 pp. 1836-1846
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Jatropha curcas; Millettia pinnata; biofuels; boilers; bulk density; carbon; cellulose; chemical analysis; chlorine; hemicellulose; lignin; nitrogen; oilseeds; pellets; seeds; sulfur; thermal degradation; thermal properties; waste management; wastes
- ... The present study aims to investigate the potential of nonedible oilseed Jatropha (Jatropha curcas) and Karanja (Pongamia pinnata) defatted residual biomasses (whole seed, kernel, and hull), as solid biofuel. These biomasses showed good carbon contents (39.8–44.5%), whereas, fewer amounts were observed for sulfur (0.15–0.90%), chlorine (0.64–1.76%), nitrogen (0.9–7.2%) and ash contents (4.0–8.7%). ...