Jump to Main Content
- Tan, Hongbo, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2020 v.242 pp. 118347
- carbon; cement; compression strength; concrete; energy; heat production; industry; mercury; microstructure; porosimetry; slurries; wastes; wet milling
- ... Concrete slurry waste is a dewatered solid residue generated from the production of concrete. The high discharging cost of concrete slurry waste strikes the concrete industry so that it is imperative to find an effective method to dispose concrete slurry waste. This study is conducted to utilise wet-milling to refine concrete slurry waste to partially replace the use of cement. In this method, con ...
- Tan, Hongbo, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2014 v.268 pp. 61-67
- X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; aluminum oxide; cement; chromium; energy; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; heavy metals; leaching; nitric acid; scanning electron microscopy; solidification; sulfuric acid; toxic substances; wastes
- ... Hazardous wastes are usually used in the Portland cement production in order to save energy, costs and/or stabilize toxic substances and heavy metals inside the clinker. This work focus on the stabilization/solidification on chromium (III) wastes by C3A and C3A hydrated matrix. The immobilization rate of chromium in C3A and the leaching characteristics of the C3A hydrated matrixes containing chrom ...