Jump to Main Content
- Xiaodi Hao; Ranbin Liu; Xin Huang
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 424-431
- anaerobic digestion; buildings; carbon; chemical oxygen demand; electricity; energy balance; heat pumps; models; sludge; solar collectors; tanks; wastewater; wastewater treatment; water pollution; China
- ... Carbon neutrality is starting to become a hot topic for wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs) all over the world, and carbon neutral operations have emerged in some WWTPs. Although China is still struggling to control its water pollution, carbon neutrality will definitely become a top priority for WWTPs in the near future. In this review, the potential for operating carbon neutral WWTPs in China is ...
- Chor-Man Lam; Ling Leng; Pi-Cheng Chen; Po-Heng Lee; Shu-Chien Hsu
- Applied energy 2017 v.202 pp. 293-307
- buildings; case studies; eco-efficiency; economic analysis; energy efficiency; energy recovery; fluidized beds; freshwater; life cycle assessment; membrane bioreactors; seawater; sewage treatment; wastewater; water reuse; China
- ... Energy efficiency in water systems contributes significantly towards achieving sustainable water management. Decentralized anaerobic fluidized bed membrane bioreactor (AFMBR) systems with energy recovery have been proposed for greywater recycling in domestic buildings for non-potable uses, such as toilet flushing. This study developed an eco-efficiency analysis (EEA) framework with the integration ...