Jump to Main Content
- Arun Kumar Shukla; Javed Alam; Fekri Abdulraqeb Ahmed Ali; Mansour Alhoshan
- Water and environment journal 2021 v.35 no.2 pp. 670-684
- Escherichia coli; Staphylococcus aureus; aqueous solutions; dyes; environment; wastewater; water
- ... As a result of the involvement of pollutants in water, there is the need to develop a facile and effective membrane technology that can not only treat dyes, but also kill bacteria in wastewater. In this work, a facile strategy is proposed for the preparation of a nanostructured hybrid membrane based on Polyphenylsulfone containing different ZnO nanoparticle contents. The results confirm that ZnO n ...
- Nuno F.F. Moreira; Carla A. Orge; Ana R. Ribeiro; Joaquim L. Faria; Olga C. Nunes; M. Fernando R. Pereira; Adrián M.T. Silva
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 87-96
- Escherichia coli; Staphylococcus aureus; amoxicillin; aqueous solutions; carbon; diclofenac; drugs; growth retardation; hormones; microorganisms; mineralization; oxidation; ozonation; ozone; pesticides; photocatalysis; photolysis; pollutants; toxicity; vapors; wastewater
- ... The degradation of two organic pollutants (amoxicillin and diclofenac) in 0.1 mM aqueous solutions was studied by using advanced oxidation processes, namely ozonation, photolysis, photolytic ozonation, photocatalysis and photocatalytic ozonation. Diclofenac was degraded quickly under direct photolysis by artificial light (medium-pressure vapor arc, λexc > 300 nm), while amoxicillin remained very s ...