Jump to Main Content
- Ayati, Bamdad, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2016 v.112 pp. 401-408
- bauxite; clay; compression strength; fuels; glass; landfills; manufacturing; pH; pellets; recycling; sewage sludge; silicates; viscosity; water holding capacity; water uptake; China
- ... This study looked at the potential of bauxite residue or red mud to be used in the manufacture of lightweight aggregate in replacement of pulverised fuel ash (PFA), commonly used as a way of recycling problematic wastes. The percentage replacements of red mud with PFA were as follows: 25, 31, 38, 44 and 50%. These were blended in a mix with waste excavated clay and sewage sludge – all from the Cho ...
- Ayati, Bamdad, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2019 v.208 pp. 252-260
- compression strength; cutting; ions; landfills; leaching; manufacturing; oil fields; salts; temperature; washing; wastes; water uptake; North Sea
- ... This research investigated the technical feasibility of transforming waste drill cuttings into lightweight aggregate. Drill cuttings produced from the North Sea oil field were dried, ball milled, formed into pellets and fired at temperatures between 1160 and 1190 °C. Physical properties of the manufactured lightweight aggregate, including particle density, water absorption and compressive strength ...