Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Zunya, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Climate dynamics 2018 v.51 no.9-10 pp. 3785-3796
- climate; climatology; heat; monsoon season; rain; spring; summer; water vapor; watersheds; China; South China Sea; Yangtze River
- ... The South China Sea (SCS) summer monsoon onset has been regarded as the beginning of the East Asian summer monsoon. In this study, we investigated the impacts of the SCS monsoon onset on the transition from the spring persistent rainfall to the summer Meiyu in the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze River basin (MLYZB). It is found that rainfall in the MLYZB reduces after the SCS monsoon onset ...
- Wang, Zunya, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Theoretical and applied climatology 2019 v.135 no.1-2 pp. 533-544
- autumn; climate; rain; rain intensity; water vapor; wet season; China
- ... Autumn rain of West China is a typical climate phenomenon, which is characterized by continuous rainy days and large rainfall amounts and exerts profound impacts on the economic society. Based on daily precipitation data from 524 observation stations for the period of 1961–2014, this article comprehensively examined secular changes in autumn rain of West China, including its amount, frequency, int ...