Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: louis?
- Karlberg, Louise, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2016 v.542 pp. 22-35
- Eragrostis tef; Soil and Water Assessment Tool model; basins; case studies; cash crops; decision support systems; drought; dry season; economic feasibility; ecosystem services; environmental impact; food prices; food production; food security; income; irrigation; irrigation water; lakes; landscapes; onions; ponds; sediment yield; sediments; sustainable agricultural intensification; water harvesting; water quality; watersheds; Ethiopia
- ... Water harvesting systems have improved productivity in various regions in sub-Saharan Africa. Similarly, they can help retain water in landscapes, build resilience against droughts and dry spells, and thereby contribute to sustainable agricultural intensification. However, there is no strong empirical evidence that shows the effects of intensification of water harvesting on upstream–downstream soc ...
- Karlberg, Louise, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Hydrological processes 2012 v.26 no.3 pp. 387-404
- aquifers; crop yield; evaporation; farmers; gender; groundwater; groundwater recharge; highlands; hydrologic models; irrigation; livelihood; monsoon season; pollution load; poverty; program planning; rain; soil; streams; transpiration; water currents; water holding capacity; water management; watershed management; watersheds; India
- ... The paper describes a hydrological model for agricultural water intervention in a community watershed at Kothapally in India, developed through integrated management and a consortium approach. The impacts of various soil and water management interventions in the watershed are compared to no‐intervention during a 30‐year simulation period by application of the calibrated and validated ARCSWAT 2005 ...
- Karlberg, Louise, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Agricultural water management 2010 v.97 no.4 pp. 543-550
- water supply; rainfed farming; water management; ecosystem management; watershed management; watersheds; food availability; population growth; food policy; food production
- ... Rainfed agriculture plays and will continue to play a dominant role in providing food and livelihoods for an increasing world population. We describe the world's semi-arid and dry sub-humid savannah and steppe regions as global hotspots, in terms of water related constraints to food production, high prevalence of malnourishment and poverty, and rapidly increasing food demands. We argue that major ...